7 December 2011

Churg Strauss Syndrome

If you are wondering where I have been, I have been very sick for the last 7 weeks. 6 of those weeks dosed up on painkillers and a week in hospital.
Seems I have Churg Strauss Syndrome. My main obvious symptom at this stage is vasculitis in the legs and arms and hands, particularly the right (I am right handed). Walking is very difficult, and I have no function in my right hand at all.
I won't be doing much on the internet - it takes so long to get around with one hand that gets tired easily.
So if you have been thinking I am ignoring your blogs, you now know that is not so. It's just abit too much for me to cope with yet.
I am on high doses of immunosuppressants which also keep me awake, so i will have time to practise on the laptop. So as long as my left hand doesn't deteriate, i will get there. :)  I also have to get used to not using a mouse. lol
Have to admit, my world feels a little shaken at the moment, but as one of my friends says, 2 steps forward, one step back stills equals forward momentum.

7 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear this. I have never heard of Churg Strauss Syndrome before and after googling it, it sounds nasty. I do hope the meds help and that you can get something done that you like to do.
    Hoping that your family gets together for a wonderful Christmas now that there are little ones to enjoy the season with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that Lindi. You always have a positive attitude, that is half the battle. best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sending more hugs....and one day at a time improvement wishes..may your strive onwards & upwards personality aid you in your functionality(hmm is that a word) returning to a comfortable state,cheers Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindi, sorry to hear you are unwell and I wish you a speedy recovery. I had not heard of this illness either. I do hope you are feeling a lot better very quickly and able to enjoy your favourite pursuits before too long.
    Blessings and helaing to you,
    Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lindi, sending you lots of get well wishes! It's great the doctors know what it is and are treating you. You have a wise friend, one step at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear of your Sickness I have not heard of that either...
    Take Care and I hope you Get Better Soon
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear! I'm sure sorry to hear about your health problem, Lindi. You shouldn't have to be dealing with this! I can't imagine how debilitating it must be - not able to easily use your hand or leg. It sounds like a daunting condition to deal with. I hope your prognosis is for a full recovery. Thanks for letting us know.

    ReplyDelete