1 May 2007

SCQ Hunter Get Together

I have just had a lovely day out at my first SCQuilter's GTG. Firstly I met Lissa, who picked me up and took me fabric shopping first, and then on to Judy's where she and her DH made me feel very welcome. There were a few apologies today, but Pam called in after lunch (delicious carrot and ginger soup from Judy and a lovely Caeser salad from Lissa) in time for show and tell. Lissa and Judy both had quilts to show and their work is very lovely ... and such neat stitching! Judy's first applique quilt was of a standard I only dream about! I have such a long way to go....
Shopping with Lissa, I mostly managed to stick to things on my needed list, although I did get tempted by some 30's fabric! Lissa is making a 30's hexagons quilt (all by hand!) and I really admired it, but I think I'll pick something a little less ambitious when I finally get to do my 30's quilt.

I know I promised photos of my Funky cats quilt, but I haven't been home to take pics when the light is good. Maybe tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment