17 January 2008

Postie's been!

Wow, did I get some good mail today!

First of all, an ATC from Sylvia, arrived. Sylvia is my swap partner in the SCQATC swap #2.
She has called her ATC Bingi Trees. Isn't it beautiful? It's hard to see here, but she has sewn lovely lines of stitching and machine embroidery and added tiny green beads.
I hope she likes the one I am sending her.
That makes 3 ATCs I own now. My first one was from Erica and my other one is one of Linda's pink and red ones.
I believe Erica has 200 ATCs, so I have a long way to go!

As well, the latest edition of Australian Country Craft and Decorating arrived. Every time it arrives, it reminds me that I won an embellishing machine off them, so I'm doubly happy!
This month's issue has a lovely quilt project from Ruth Buchanan, called Song of the Birds.
I love how Ruth puts together fabrics that I would never have thought of combining, and yet, they always work. Her quilts are so fresh and modern.

Then, a parcel arrived from the US with:

*2 backordered issues of Quilting Arts. These were ordered because they contained articles which I felt could assist me with my exploration into fibre art.


*A copy of Quilting Arts: Gifts, a holiday issue.

* a book entitled Hot Textiles: inspiration and techniques with heat tools, by Kim Thittichai. I've only had a quick perusal, but it looks good value. She covers all sorts of stuff, with explanations and exercises.

*and these little lovelies...2 packets of Oliver Twists experimental packs, containing abaca tissue, silk throwster waste, silk carrier rods, cotton and rayon threads and a coil of coloured wire. I chose the Sunset pack and the Violet pack. Can't wait to try stuff with them!










No comments:

Post a Comment