15 August 2008

Flying off again...

I don't know when I'll get a chance to check emails and blogs, for a while. Dad was readmitted to Palliative care a week ago, and I have just had word that the Doctors don't expect him to last much longer. I am flying up on the first available flight tomorrow, until I don't know when.

Dad being as tough as he is, he could yet prove them wrong, and we have already said our goodbyes, but I really want - I really need - to be there. For myself. And for Mum.

Funny how when I am there with him, I can let him go and understand that he wants to go. And I'm OK with that. There are still tears, but laughter as well.

But when I am home here, there is no laughter and no feeling of wanting to let go. He's my Dad! I can't imagine the world without him. The tears are all pain. And I hurt, even as I am writing this.

So I need to be there, for him, for me, for my emotional sanity.

Please remember us in your prayers - that we all find the strength we need to face this.

Hugs to you all, and thanks for your support.

...Lindi x

6 comments:

  1. Go with our love, Lindi. It's important that you be there with your Dad and he will be glad you've come to hold his hand. Wish I could take the pain from you, but I can't so I will be praying that you will know God's closeness as he walks with you. Love, Di

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry. Have a safe trip and know that your and yours are in my family's prayers. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindi, my thoughts and my prayers are with you and your family. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindi, I would do exactly the same...He's your Dad!!
    You go girl...take care, laugh, cry and just be still together.
    Will keep you in my prayers.
    Take care xxx
    Robyn :c)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous18/8/08 21:17

    Dear Lindi,
    I will be praying for you and yours. I cant begin to understand the pain that must come with a time like you are experiencing.
    God bless,
    Rosalie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous19/8/08 00:37

    You and your family will be in my prayers. I know the pain you're experiencing as I lost my dad just a month ago. I hope your family is as strong a support system as mine was and continues to be. God bless.

    ReplyDelete