Now, one bag pattern I don't have, is a simple tote pattern, but how hard can they be?
Thanks to various blogs over the last 6 months, I have read quite a bit about easy ways to shape the bottom without having to sew in extra panels or gussets, and easy ways to do the lining, so I sat down and designed what I wanted to do.
A quick rummage through my stash produced the vital ingredients. 4 fabrics, some pellon, a bit of cutting, pressing, sewing and 3 cool buttons later: Vióla!
A funky new tote in red and black, lined with plain red - and a pocket inside, too!
The buttons don't show up very well here. They are concave with a little pointy rise in the centre and have concentric circles of black. Really cool! I wish I had more of them for other projects!
D loves it and has asked for more!
I also enjoyed making this cushion for my Mortal in last years SCQ Angel/Mortal swap. I spoke on the phone to A yesterday, and she said it sits on her bed, and at night time, she likes to cuddle up with it, it is so lovely and squishy - not too sloppy and not too firm. Seems I did it just right!
I had made a point of ringing her rather than emailing, because she sent me these beautiful native and protea flowers as a thank you for being her "wonderful Angel". It was easy being A's Angel. She loves just about everything to do with quilting and crafts.
Finally, here is a little teaser for Jackie. This is a tiny tiny part of something I am doing for your prize for the Decorate Your Blog for Christmas Comp. [smiles]