14 April 2007

What's on this Weekend

I can't believe we're already a week past Easter! This weekend, I intend doing some quilting.
I am also checking out a wedding venue with my daughter, visiting the gallery to see a fibre arts exhibition (Judy Hooworth, etc), having lunch with my darling husband, and more sewing!
Among my WIPs is a lap quilt for my mother, using Lorelei's lovely cancer recovering ladies. I made a quilt for my mother when she was diagnosed with secondaries last year...it was supposed to be a lap quilt for her to cart around to treatments, but ended up being too big.

So many of my self designed quilts seem to grow of their own accord! There's no controlling them! LOL
This is the original "lap"quilt I made for her. I called it
"Angels To Watch Over You" and used the Angel View Garden coordinating prints plus some yummy aqua minke for lovely soothing texture. The minke is around the centre square and the border is also minke. I had a lot of trouble sewing the minke, even with a walking foot, but it was worth it in the end.
PS The quilt isn't really crooked ... it's just the way it was held and the angle of the photo

No comments:

Post a Comment