1 April 2008

Cyberfyber exhibition swap

Fibre artist, Susan Lenz, has organised a Postcard and ATC swap on a major scale. She has listed the postcards and atcs that she has made for swapping, and invited people to swap with her.
She plans to hold an exhibition of the traded postcards and atcs next January, at a gallery in Columbia, South Carolina US.

(See better photos and read more here)

Naturally, I couldn't let this opportunity pass by, so I selected a postcard and ATC of hers, that I would like to receive, and have now posted off my swap pieces.

Susan's work is lovely! Do have a look at her site.

This is Susan's ATC:Susan's Postcard:

My ATC: called "Opal Fields"



My Postcard



I used my embellisher for both of mine.
The ATC is embellished wool, organza and cotton, combined with angelina fibres; then mounted on a yellow fabric collage and machine embroidered. I used copper iron on ribbon around the edge.
The Postcard is embellished cotton fabrics, crystal organza, silk threads, and tiny pieces of silver foil; quilted; then fussy cut flowers added by embellishing around the edges and securing with a stitched bead in the centre.

1 comment:

  1. Lindi yours are terrific. I can see I have a lot of practicing to do.

    ReplyDelete