22 April 2011

Happy Easter!


Courtesy of Graphics Fairy
Wishing you all a happy and peaceful Easter, doing whatever you choose to do. :)
Safe travelling if you are going anywhere. Remember to take lots of rest stops if you are going long distances.

We aren't going away. We rarely do over Easter, preferring to relax and do things around the home and with family and friends.

...................

Today, I am finishing off a project for a swap I am involved in. I can't show you much, in case she sees it, :) but here's a little peep at part of it.




I used a medallion my mother crocheted many years ago. It was going to be part of a bedspread, but she had surgery for RSI and wasn't able to crochet after that. Surgery back then was not as good as it is these days. I have a few of these medallions and thought it perfect with this fabric. The suffolk puff is one of the fabrics I have used, and the button is one from Mum's button tin. I have stitched them together and mounted them onto a brooch pin, to form a brooch. It can be detached and worn on a jumper if one chose to.

                             

4 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous. Have a wonderful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the story behind your Brooch..how Gorgeous is that...Love it!
    Happy Easter...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely heirloom piece to regift to a special friend. It's so nice of you to do that. We too are at home for Easter. It'll be just Dan and me, so I'll probably even get some sewing machine time... after having gotten up VERY early to worship at the sunrise (6:21 AM) service. Have a blessed Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Lindi, I am sure your swap partner will be very happy. Great idea having the medallion and yo yo on a pin so one could wear it. We have stayed home too this Easter and it is a nice time to get a few things done around the house (especially in the sewing room) ** Regards Di.

    ReplyDelete